Gillian is our global leader for the travel, tourism & leisure industry and head of advisory services for Grant Thornton South Africa.
- Developed a national tourism strategy for South Africa
- Assessed the benefits of the 2010 Soccer World Cup hosted in South Africa
- Advised on restructuring of a major Southern African hotel group
- Regularly selected as an expert in disputes relating to hotels and lodges
- Major market research surveys of the tourism sector
- Numerous hotel feasibility studies
Gillian works with a wide range of clients across the travel, tourism & leisure industry in both the public and private sectors, providing tourism and business strategies, feasibility studies, economic impact assessments, destination marketing plans and valuations. She is a regular media commentator and sits on the board of the University of Johannesburg’s school of tourism and hospitality.
- BSc (Hons) hotel, catering and tourism management (University of Surrey)
- MBA degree (Wits Business School)