With the increased complexity of business and the accountability to an increased number of stakeholders, organisations face significant strategic, financial, operational, regulatory and technological challenges.
To make sure strategic goals are achieved in a sustainable way, management and boards in companies and the public sector have a need for more effective risk management. Today, risk management is more than ever a requirement and so are a robust internal audit function and a sound system of internal controls. We have come past household solutions.
Keep abreast of evolutions in risk management and participate in the joint event organized by Grant Thornton and NBN.
What's in it for you?
As a participant, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the existing risk management frameworks and their differences
- Get insights into Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and the added value ERM can bring at the strategic level
- Get insights in how to embed risk management
- C-level and decision makers
- Board & Audit Committee members
- Chief Audit Executives – internal auditors
- Chief Risk Officers
09:30 - 10:00
10:00 - 10:20
Introduction ISO 31000 and planned standard evolutions on risk management (NBN - Johan Haelterman)
10:00 - 10:40
Setting the risk management scene and link with COSO ERM (Grant Thornton - Els Hostyn)
10:40 - 11:00
11:00 - 11:50
Risk management from a strategic perspective and turning risk management into a competitive strength (Vlerick Business School – professor Regine Slagmulder)
11:50 - 12:15
Case study – how to embed risk management (DEME group - Kenneth Willems)
12:15 - 12:30
12:30 - 14:00